I came up with this salad over the years of trying different homemade dressings and versions of ingredients, and this is my latest favorite!! I usually have these ingredients in the fridge, or close to it and can always throw it together quickly. Feel free to add some of your own favorite veggies to create healthy variation.
Dr. Em’s Nutrient Packed Salad with Quick Homemade Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar I like Bragg’s. If you enjoy the vinegar flavor, you can add more in place of the EVOO. That’s what I do!
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tso Dried oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Organic EVOO
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Cups Lettuce Washed and chopped. I like read leaf lettuce
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach Washed
- 1/4 Cup Broccoli sprouts Washed
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro leaves Washed and chopped
- 1/4-1/2 Cucumber Sliced
- Sunflower or pumpkin seedds Optional
- Dried kale Optional
- Mix all ingredients together. Use 1-2 tablespoons on your salad, save the rest for use later in the week.
- Wash all ingredients well, and preferably use all organic ingredients.
- In a bowl, add lettuce, baby spinach, and cucumbers. Add the sprouts and cilantro leaves on top. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of my homemade lemon vinaigrette dressing and enjoy!