This recipe is a modification of my mother-in-law’s famous chocolate truffle recipe. Instead of doing the work to roll into individual balls, I decided to skip it and press it into a square pan and put toppings on it. Much less work and easier clean up☺
Chocolate Truffle Fudge
- 8 oz heavy cream (or coconut cream if dairy free)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (you could also use other flavor extracts like orange, mint or coffee if you wanted to)
- 8 oz chocolate chips semi-sweet (to make this keto you can also use 100% chocolate or Lily’s brand chocolate chips)
- 8 oz chocolate chips flavored – if desired (to make this keto you can use Lily’s brand flavored chocolate chips—I have used their salted caramel and white chocolate both for this).
- using a double broiler method (basically a pan with water on the bottom and a stainless steel bowl or second pan to melt the ingredients in), melt all of the chocolate while stirring constantly so it does not burn.
- Then add in the vanilla extract and cream and continue to stir until well combined.
- Then pour into an 8 X 8 dish or pan (you can line it with parchment paper to make it easier)
- add toppers if using, and put it in the fridge until it hardens (about 2 hours). Cut into desired sized squares.